Monday, June 21, 2010

Cat-itude ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini



"Cat-itude," 10" x 20", Golden Open Acrylics on canvasboard, double portrait of two rescued kitties (larger than lifesized, I might add), headed to my solo show "Happily Ever Afters" at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary this August where it will be available for purchase. Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, with sketches starting at $29) may always come to me.

Two things I love about this painting - well, three.

  1. The positioning of the two cats - one in your face, all serious, and the other totally laid back and casual. Their body language tells it all.
  2. The value structure creates a beautiful abstraction where their forms and negative space are effectively balanced. Squint down and you'll see what I mean - the painting reduces to a color field piece that retains visual interest.
  3. This is my first official painting as a new member of the Daily Painters Group.

It is a tremendous honor to bring Painting a Dog a Day into theDaily Painters Group, where my pieces will be showcased alongside that of 150 other highly talented artists. I invite you tovisit their site and take a peek at some of the talent - and look for these two, who will make their debut appearance later tonite (once I get everything set up).

Thanks OODLES for supporting my quest, casting your vote for my art, and recruiting your friends to do the same. I could not have done this without the Dog a Day community, and I am so grateful for each and every one of you.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: atImagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) andThat's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments: