Monday, June 21, 2010

Peugeot Planter

Close up

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.

Here's my submission to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. The photo showed an abandoned/retired 1938 Peugeot 202 truck in France. The photo was graciously supplied by Robert...Thanks Robert!!

I really thought long and hard before tackling this one. The old truck was a challenge for me with the mechanical straight lines and curves...the sort of thing I usually avoid.

It looked sad all alone and abandoned, so I brought a little cheer into it's life by doing what nature does...turn it into a planter. A nice contrast between organic and inorganic--man and nature.

Available
To view or have the chance to place a bid, please click here.

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Deanos Den
Psalm 80: 3 Restore us, O God; make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved.

No comments: