Friday, July 9, 2010

Orchards IV

Pastel painting of a close-up view of ripe apples on a tree in autumn.

Pastel painting 25.5 inches x 12.5 inches

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.

Spent a bit of time in the studio this week to finish up a pastel painting that has been languishing on my easel for months. This is part of my Orchard Series that I started early this year. I've finished 4 of them so far and am really happy with the results.

As some of you may already know, I am obsessed with what I call "micro landscapes"-- extreme closeup views of various scenes in nature. (See my RiverStones and TreeScape Series) I like painting recognizable subjects that are cropped so tightly, they almost become abstract in composition. I hope to add 4 or 5 more paintings to the series this year. The first two will be exhibited in an exhibit at Tvedten Fine Art beginning in late July.

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

http://www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog

No comments: