Friday, August 27, 2010

The Wishing Pond ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini



“The Wishing Pond,” 6” x 8”, casein (milk based paint) on panel, Dog a Day painting #999. This painting will be available for purchase via auction (along with some other sketches and watercolor paintings from my visit) next week. In the meanwhile, inquiries may always come to me.

Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is a blessed place. My eyes have been dazzled all week with the natural beauty of the canyon, the commitment of the animals' caretakers, and the sanctity of certain spots within the grounds.

The Wishing Garden is one of those spots. Hummingbirds buzz visitors, the pond gently bubbles, and mammoth koi calmly circle in their oasis of blue green.

Just another slice of heaven that I've been enjoying.

Shortly we'll begin unpacking the crates containing my art and hanging the “Happily Ever Afters” exhibition. If you are in the area, please stop by The Village for tonite's opening, which runs 5:30-7pm. It promises to be a wonderful evening.

It'll also include painting #1000, which I finished this morning. I'll share it electronically tomorrow.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments: