Saturday, November 27, 2010

Montezuma Castle -Sedona, Az

Close up
Oil on 7x5 hardboard.

This is for the WDE at Wet Canvas...Catherine supplied the photo choices.

The Sedona, Arizona cliff dwellings really piqued my interest. So I did a little Google search and came up with some interesting facts.

An ancient Indian Tribe called the Sinaquas built the cliff dwellings called Montezuma Castle about 700 years ago in the early 1300s.
More info on my blog...Here

This is oil on a 7x5 hardboard.I first toned it with a dark red acrylic.
I became very choosy about where to place the lights and the thick accents.
I really enjoyed doing this one.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Available...Contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com if interested.

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Deanos Den
Proverbs 30:8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.

No comments: