Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Moonlight on the River" 16"h x 20"w ~ Up for Bid! Hudson River School A Painting a Day Landscapes by Connie Tom


I really enjoyed painting this one, trying ever so hard to get that luminescence of light in the sky. It was achieved layer upon layer of paint. I wanted it to be a fairly simple in composition, mostly just nature, so as to evoke a feeling of peace and tranquility and I think the cool green and blue colors are soothing also. There is something comforting about listening to the soft rippling of the running water of a river. Many times in the Bible, the word "river" is associated with peace and abundance. ~ Enjoy!
To find out more information about this work, see my blog at A PAINTING FOR YOU!

"I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD." ~ Psalm 104:33-34.

No comments: