Thursday, December 23, 2010

Secret Garden

Watercolor painting of a summer garden and patio

Watercolor painting 12 inches x 9 inches SOLD

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.
I painted this watercolor commission a couple of weeks ago for a client who who has asked me to do several paintings of their home. They have a beautiful, historical house and property which they have revamped over the years.
This garden piece was especially challenging because it was a cold and rainy day in November when I visited the site. No plants, flowers or leaves were visible but they gave me lots of reference photos from past summers. I pieced together a compositional sketch and had it approved. Then the fun part! I flooded the painting with light and shadow and tried to infuse the painting with the creative, whimsical atmosphere that the couple had created.
The watercolor painting will be a Christmas present for the husband. I hope he loves it as much as I loved painting it!

http:www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog
http:www.jillwagnerart.com

No comments: