Monday, December 27, 2010

Washtenaw Farmscape: Textile Road 3

Plein air watercolor landscape painting of old barns near Saline, Michigan

Watercolor painting 9.5 inches x 9.5 inches $300

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are relaxing after all of the festivities!

I've been working diligently on my Italian paintings but will not be posting them until after my show. I have also been trying to make order out of a studio filled with paintings and art supplies. It is a daunting task!

This plein air farmscape watercolor was accepted into the Annual Michigan Watercolor Society Exhibition a few years back. I usually use a horizontal composition to capture the wide space of the farms I love. But for this one, I chose a square format and left some of the painting loose and unstructured. I wanted to create a watercolor landscape painting where the viewer is drawn in, through the field, to the focal point of the bright red barn.

http://www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

No comments: