Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Moses Botkin Challenge: Something On or In Our Cars


Sharman Owens, Challenge Group member, named the subject and even though I've painted my car before, it was different to think about something "in" or "on" my vintage Hawk as a subject.

The fins seemed an obvious choice, although I did consider some other ideas. Maybe I'll paint them later.

Studebaker's award-winning designer, Raymond Loewy, created for clients ranging from Zippo lighters and Coca-Cola to Pennsylvania Railroad and the US space program.

Loewy's influence on industrial design is seen practically everywhere you look in modern civilization. I'm a loyal fan of his work, which spans seven decades.

(left) "Rocket Girl" 7"x5"
Original oil on hardboard
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

Buy my painting on PayPal
Price: $99 USD plus $10 S&H

This monthly challenge with my fellow blog artist friends was especially fun and I love the viewpoints from each member of the group! You can see them all at my blog post.

No comments: