Saturday, September 17, 2011

When You're Smiling- Portrait

Close up

Oil on 7x5 hardboard panel..

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. The hostess was Valri, and she provided great photos to work from.
The lady in this painting is Valri herself.

I figured that if you're brave enough to put her photographic portrait up, I should be brave enough to attempt it.

I was reminded of the song "When You're Smiling" as I painted and the last line: "Keep on smiling
Cause when you're smiling
The whole world smiles with you". This carries a strong subliminal message to "smile".
I believe I must have had a smile for the entire painting...good medicine, bur the face muscles are a bit stiff.

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Deanos Den
1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.11To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: