Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Fall Storm at the Peaks" by Diana Moses Botkin, Plein Air Landscape Daily Painting


"Fall Storm at the Peaks"
Original oil, 4"x6"
©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

I mentioned recently that I'm working on a few paintings that are not ready to show and have been revamping failed little 'uns as warm-up exercises.

Some of the clunkers are small plein air studies like what this one was (before the change) that didn't come together well during the on-site time.

The challenge for the warm-ups is to get me thinking and turn a blah painting into something with some pizazz. The initial piece had too many clouds and not enough contrast, which was how the scene was at the time, but it needed some interest and mood. It looks a lot more interesting now.

You can bid on this at my DailyPaintWorks auction. Like all my auctions, there is a low starting bid so you could win this little treasure for a great price.

No comments: