Thursday, November 10, 2011

Going Going Gone by Judy Crowe

Going, Going, Gone! by Judy Crowe

Well Hi Everyone,  As the name of this post implies, I have been going, going, going.  Wow.  Time to stay home and get some things done here.  The following are studies that I have done on recent plein air trips.  What a great opportunity to be able to paint outside in the open air.  Whenever I look at these studies, I can remember the exact time of day, the way I felt, the smells, the sounds, the wonderful encounters with people and otherwise....(critters).  The top painting is the beautiful Louisiana bayou as was the last study of the marsh.  The middle study (not the greatest photo) was from the Teton Valley near a place called Moose Creek.  The weather that day could not decide on whether to be cloudy, rainy, or sunny so I stuck with the first thing I got when I set up to paint, cloudy with sprinkles.  I wore my friend Kathy's bear bells that day....and was on constant lookout for them.  They are everywhere.  There is some discussion between locals there whether the bear bells let the bears know you are there and to stay away from humanoids or whether they send the message...'hm there is a human around with backpack and food!'.  So I kept my eyes pealed.  :)  Next week I'll be working on 'tweaking' some of my other studies done last month and also I will start to post my small works to finish off my 50 / 50 project..just in time for Christmas.  Thanks as always for allowing me into your digital life via this blog!
As always, you can contact me via my website, or contact info on my website.  Thank you!!  
Catch of the Day 9x12

Moose Creek and Bears! 12x9

Slight Overcast 8x10

No comments: