Sunday, November 20, 2011

Update on Festival Study by Diana Moses Botkin


(left)
"Festival Dance"
Original oil on hardboard, 10"x8"

©2011 Diana Moses Botkin


Last spring I began a series of studies to plan my large painting for The Festival at Sandpoint. I wound up doing a number of oil sketches in preparation for the poster art, some of which are still for sale.

It was quite a responsibility to paint something that represented the important summer event. I wanted Festival goers to connect with the art and from everything I heard, they did. It's always nice to feel like a job is done well and received well. My original 20"x16" oil painting for the poster art was auctioned to benefit The Festival. Final bid was $4800.

This is one of the sketches, and one of my favorites. It was recently sold at Holly Eve to a lucky and generous patron.

No comments: