Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Dancing in the Spotlight" Three Pose Figurative Art by Diana Moses Botkin


Original oil
12"x24"

©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

This is one of the larger pieces I've been working on. The idea grew out of past motion studies and my work last year for The Festival piece with the dancers.

My model for this painting is a vibrant young woman, full of energy, joy, love for life and for the Lord. I wanted to show these attributes in the three poses turning and dancing.

This young woman remains anonymous (as are most of my models) to represent an ideal rather than one specific person. She could be the three graces: Love, Joy, and Beauty.

This type of painting could also be a happy portrait, especially if the focus was more on the woman's face.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $1175 USD plus $65 S&H

No comments: