Friday, June 29, 2012

The Comforter-Figurative

Close up
Oil on 5x7 canvas panel. I have cropped this in my editor to the equivalent of a 5x5 because it just looks better...Cheating??..... maybe :lol:

This is my contribution to The Reading Challenge at DPW posted by Victor Tristante.
Victor instructed: Paint your spouse, or any loved one, reading in their favorite reading place. Use the light, composition, and the warm glow of the night to make this an intimate painting.

I didn't have a photo of the pose I needed so this is a symbolic painting. It's in memory of my passed wife reading the Bible. She got me hooked on the Book...Thank you, Kay.

NA
My Etsy

Deanos Den
2 Corinthians 4:18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

No comments: