Saturday, June 23, 2012

Memories Of The Eastern Shore by Norma Wilson


Memories of the Eastern Shore
12" by 14" original oil on gallery wrap that is 2" deep
350.


This past week I visited the Eastern Shore to take pictures and take in the beauty for painting inspiration.  I had already started this piece which is reminiscent of what the marshes look like in the fall.  It was fun to explore a new subject matter.  I had done some marsh scenes back when I worked with pastels so it felt new!  I have been enjoying some time off to spend with my son who is visiting
from northern Virginia.  I actually sat on the beach the other day for a couple of hours!

I want to share some pictures from my time in Cape Charles last week...








As you can see there was so much beauty to inspire future paintings!  It was a lovely town and I hope to go back again soon!  I now have some of my paintings in a shop there called Gull Hummock.  It is a gourmet wine and cheese shop with lots of goodies!  Hope you have a great weekend!  Thanks for shopping by!








No comments: