Saturday, August 11, 2012

Box Of Chocolates-Water Lily

Close up


Oil on 5x7 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Ros was the hostess who supplied this great reference photo!

I was in the mood to use the painting knife for an impressionistic painting.
So, I painted my impression of the water lily. I was trying to manipulate thick paint until it resembled what I was after. Instead of being in control of the paint and making it take on a preconceived appearance, I watched the paint perform (or do its' own thing) under the guidance of the knife. It's like a box of chocolates...ya never know what you're gonna get. This is a FUN way to paint!!
Must confess, I'm still under the influence of Julie Ford Oliver and her great fracturing technique.

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Deanos Den
1 Peter 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

No comments: