Saturday, August 4, 2012

Diana Moses Botkin at The Garden of Artistry


Ponderay Gardens, near Sandpoint Idaho, presented The Garden of Artistry last week.

I was honored to be invited to exhibit with thirty well-known painters and sculptors.

(Read the rest of this story and see more pictures at my blog, http://dianamosesbotkin.blogspot.com/.)

It's wonderful to talk to people, firsthand, who love my work, see friends/collectors who drop by, and meet new collectors who've jumped in with both feet to buy my art. You can see more of my work by category at my DailyPainters gallery page.

Something I really enjoy, although it is hard mental work, is to do live portrait sketches at events. It is an interesting challenge to capture a likeness of a stranger in 20 minutes or so (and a great excuse to stare at someone).

These photos show several I did at the show. I loved sketching each one, but I think the drawing I like best is Martin's.

A smart and helpful young man, he reminded me of Tintin.

No comments: