Monday, August 20, 2012


One of my proudest moments.... 

Last Thursday at the American Legion World Series "Banquet of Champions" my 48x60 painting "Honor Amidst Young Dreams" was unveiled to an audience of 700 athletes, fans and dignitaries. 

With my children, Geoff and two dear friends by my side I felt a sense of patriotic pride as the cover came off of the painting and I was able to hear audible gasps and sighs.. it was truly one of my proudest moments. 

I had been quite nervous about this unveiling all day, wondering if it would be a success, but the applause, the players coming up in piles with all their cell phone cameras out to take a picture, and even a mention from the Lieutenant General of the National Guard, I knew I had done my job. 

I am honored to be called the official painter of the American Legion World Series, and even more thrilled to say I am the first artist to paint a commemorative painting since it began in 1925. I will continue to paint a commemorative painting each year and will offer collectible lithographs. 

This 18x24 lithograph is available for purchase from my site www.hangingthemoon.com


Above is me with LTG William Ingram, Jr. , 
Director of Army National Guard


SEE YOU AT THE BALLGAME!.. if you can't make it live we are on ESPN3!


No comments: