Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Original unframed oil "Giant" Landscape Daily Painting by Diana Moses Botkin


Original unframed oil 9"x5"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin


Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $175 USD plus $10 S&H

Every summer my husband and I host a plein air paint out and pot luck in July for our local art group. This year marks our sixth annual event. Last year I painted this same tree on a 10"x8" panel. I see this tall noble fir almost every day and especially like to watch the light on it in the late afternoon.

For this year's paint out, I grabbed a smallish, longish piece of textured mat board that I'd primed for oil sketching and painted this before the light ran out. I think this sketch makes the fifth painting I've done of this graceful tree. It may be my favorite so far.

No comments: