Tuesday, January 28, 2014

6"x 6" gouache...Gorgeous Sun...at a Minus 33 Degrees!

At the very least...I had to go out and collect some photo references yesterday.  It seems more and more when the sun finally comes out here in northern Wisconsin winter, it is most brutally cold.  Today, it is a minus 50 degrees (with windchill).  So, put on my wool bibs, my coat, my mucks...my pull over black hood mask...and went on a venture to collect pics in my area.  The result was...I took some very fine pics, and after rompin' around sat down yesterday to do this 6"x 6" gouache...

I'm sharing a smaller image, what the piece from two paces (six feet) back would appear like (make sure you click on images)...and a larger closer view.  I find I must paint with eyes squinted often to translate how my attack of brushwork will work.  Fun stuff to do...
Larry Seiler







No comments: