Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fauve Angela

Colorful pastel portrait of a young women in the Fauvist style.

Pastel painting 10 inches x 13 inches

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.

A couple of weeks ago the Great Lakes Pastel Society held our first convention. I was honored to be a presenter speaking about the business of being an artist. We had some high caliber artists who did demonstrations and workshops. Brenda Mattson held a landscape drawing workshop and brought along some new Richeson products for us to use. I decided to take advantage of the reduced price for the convention and purchased their new 12o hard pastel set. Its supposed to be light fast and has a lot more colors than NuPastel offers. God knows I don't need more pastels...but I couldn't help myself.

I brought the set to our figure drawing session last week and went crazy with color. Our model, Angela, is a beautiful young woman with classical features but I wanted to push the envelope with my pastel portrait of her. After I got home, it seemed to me that I might have been channeling the Fauvists of the early 1900s...

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

http://www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog

No comments: