Thursday, June 27, 2013

"Vintage" is the Moses Botkin Challenge for June


Our group subject for this month was chosen by guest artist Julie Ford Oliver. I asked Julie to join the group, long-term, but she has too many commitments to do this month after month. So she is with us as a guest artist!

If you've been following the Challenges you might remember that having fun is one of the goals of this monthly project. Painting something we've never tried before is another objective.

There are many vintage items around my house. I'd been out of town, so when I got back I took a quick survey of what I had on hand to paint for The Challenge.

I looked for an idea that fit the vintage subject that would be fun to paint and something I have not tried before. My old iron fit the bill, so I plopped it on my bed and got to work on a fast and loose oil sketch.

(above) "Old Hotness" Oil on canvas panel, 8"x6" ©2013 Diana Moses Botkin


Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD plus $10 SH

You can read more about this painting, and see the other members' work at my blog post.

No comments: