Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Golden Aspens

Plein air watercolor landscape painting of aspens and a river in Montana

Plein air Watercolor painting 9 inches x 12 inches

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.
Just sent in my deposit for a week of heaven in Montana this summer! My sister and I have spent many happy days at Bonanza Creek Country Ranch, a working cattle ranch near Martinsdale, Montana. They only take 8-12 guests a week and is definitely not your typical "Dude Ranch!" You stay in cute little cabins, are served wonderful food, and you can ride to your hearts content. We are not talking about nose-to-tail riding on old nags. They have beautiful quarter horses, 1500 cattle and 25,000 acres to explore. John says I always come back a new woman!
I painted this plein air watercolor landscape when I was out there a few years ago. Everything in Big Sky Country is bigger, brighter and more dramatic. I'll be bringing my watercolors again this year, but it is always hard for me to drag myself away from the horses to paint!
http://www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog
http://www.jillwagnerart.com

No comments: